Hurricane Prep: Cans and Caffeine
Hurricane season sneaks up on us every year. Perhaps because we'd like to forget the destruction in hopes that the destruction will forget us. Nevertheless, the forecast does not look promising and we've checked the flashlights and our battery supplies (we like Amazon basics for the ease of ordering, but don't love them for their short life span).
We just made the voyage to the grocery store and be warned: it's packed and bottled water is going fast. Luckily, Aldi is close to HQ and we've picked some of the best non-perishable Aldi foods for you.
- Fit & Active Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup... testers preferred the big chunks of chicken in this soup to Progresso. They also found it to taste more of its natural seasonings. Progresso was saltier, and had bigger carrots, but the chicken itself was a disappointment.
- Chef's Cupboard Tomato Condensed Soup... it's not as thick as Campbell's, but some of our tasters preferred the flavor. We say, dip a grilled cheese in it and you can't go wrong.
- Summit Diet Cola... we hate to say it (and we never thought we would) but we could not tell the difference between the Aldi Diet Cola and the real deal Diet Coke in a blind taste test. We're ashamed, but ain't no shame in saving money.
- Belle Vie Lemon Sparkling Water... holds its own against La Croix. You mean we can drink fancy beverages on a budget?!
- Peanut Delight Creamy Peanut Butter... it's not smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy, but it's pretty close. Plus, the flavor is spot on.
- The Aldi version of Triscuit... holy cow these guys are close to the name brand, we recommend you switch to save.
Stay safe out there, everyone... if you lose power, it's just an excuse to huddle together and eat lots of snacks!