Facing the Facts: We Spend WAY Too Much on Our Faces
According to a survey done by SkinStore, last year the average woman spent $8 worth of makeup and skin care products on her face EVERY DAY. That's around $250 a month and $2,920 per year. And to think our financial advisers have been harping on us about $5 lattes at Starbucks!
Here at Brandefy, we try to find ways to save you money by switching to the generic or storebrand version of products because often times they are nearly identical. Below are the 15 products the average American woman applies to her face every day and less expensive alternatives you can incorporate into your beauty routine.
1. Face Wash - Cetaphil makes very gentle skin cleansers that are a great base before you start your routine. Target’s up & up version of the Cetaphil cleanser hits it out of the park, so you can save even more ($3.00 savings)! Buy Our Pick
2. Toner - The Walmart Equate version of Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Toner will do the trick and will save you $5 on a nearly identical product! Buy Our Pick
4. Cream - Try CVS Health’s version of CeraVe night cream, it’s nice and silky. Plus it’s $4.00 less than the name brand! Buy Our Pick
5. Moisturizer - Give the Equate version of Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin. It’s $3.00 less. Get it Here
6. Primer - Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is a comparable dupe for Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer. While not identical it definitely does the trick for every day wear. Save $20.00 and Buy Our Pick
7. Concealer - Sephora's Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer is very similar (and $16.00 less!) to NARS Radiant creamy concealer. Purchase Here
8. Foundation - Check out Sephora's 10hr Wear Perfection Foundation as an everyday alternative to Makeup Forever's Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. Save $23.00 Buy Here
9. Blush - ELF's Candid Coral Blush is a near perfect dupe for NARS Orgasm, a cult favorite! It’s $20.00 Purchase Here
10. Eye Shadow - The Bad Habit Luna Eyeshadow Palette is a great dupe of Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Eyeshadow Palette. Buy Our Pick and save $26.00
11. Eye Liner - Weather you love liquid or pencil, we loved Sephora brands version of these products compared to the prestige brands, Stila and Urban Decay. Purchase
12. Mascara - Loreal's Lash Paradise is a great alternative to Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara. Buy Here for a $16.00 savings.
13. Eye Brow Product - NYX brow pencil is near identical dupe to Anastasia's Brow Wiz! Savings = $15.00 Purchase Here
15. Lipstick - Make the switch from NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna to Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere and save $20.00. Buy Here
If you make the switch to all of these products, you could save more than $170.00 without sacrificing quality. Think of all you could buy with these savings- multiple lattes, a new top, funky earrings… we could go on and on!